Featured Photo view all submit your photo
Conservation Tip view all
  • Charge Sheet vs. Complaint by Praveen Bhargav

    All cases under the Wildlife Act are Complaint cases. A Complaint is an allegation made to a Magistrate either by an official under Section 55(b) or a citizen under Section 55(c) of the Wildlife Act or under Section 200 of the CrPC to set the law in motion on a criminal offence. A complaint to the Police is actually ‘Information’ about an offence which is registered as an FIR. Filing of a Charge Sheet or Police Report is not permissible.

CI Archives

About Conservation India

CI is a non-profit, non-commercial portal that aims to facilitate wildlife and nature conservation by providing reliable information and the tools needed to campaign effectively.

We define conservation as knowledge-driven actions that lead to the effective management and recovery of wildlife. That means giving priority to meeting the ecological needs of wildlife populations in decline, and to the recovery and expansion of their habitats.
Read more »
Subscribe to CI Newsletter
WordPress Lightbox Plugin