Charge Sheet vs. Complaint

Praveen Bhargav

All cases under the Wildlife Act are Complaint cases. A Complaint is an allegation made to a Magistrate either by an official under Section 55(b) or a citizen under Section 55(c) of the Wildlife Act or under Section 200 of the CrPC to set the law in motion on a criminal offence. A complaint to the Police is actually ‘Information’ about an offence which is registered as an FIR. Filing of a Charge Sheet or Police Report is not permissible.

(Visited 2,188 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply