The Centre for Wildlife Studies is conducting field based surveys in Maharashtra from August 31st to September 30th.
We are looking for volunteers to help in data collection along with the research team. Volunteers will have to be fluent in Marathi, work in teams, visit villages and experience rural India apart from being interested in wildlife. Good people skills are extremely important both for the research and ability to work as part of a team with other volunteers. Candidates will be selected after a screening of their applications to judge their suitability for doing the work.
Candidates must be:
- Age group: 18-45 years.
- Physically very fit and have some experience in hiking through rough countryside.
- Fluent in Marathi and have a reasonably good ability to interact with people.
- Be willing to work long and arduous hours (we typically work 8-12 hour days).
Simple vegetarian food and rudimentary field accommodation is available. Travel expenses to and from field sites will have to be borne by the participants.
If you are interested, please contact Ms. Rachana Patwardhan with the following information ONLY in the exact format below providing all requested information:
- Have you participated in Wildlife Conservation Society or Centre for Wildlife Studies field surveys? If Yes- provide details on what year, which field site and who was the supervisor.
- Marathi fluency level- fluent, somewhat fluent and not fluent for speaking, reading and writing.
- Where do you live?
- Why do you want to volunteer?
- Field Work Dates: The work will commence in August 2013. If you are interested in volunteering for the first two batches or later on please apply.
- Contact email and phone number.
Batch 1: 31st August to 9th September
Batch 2: 7th September to 16th Sept
Batch 3: 14th Sept to 23rd Sept
Additional batches will be posted. If you are interested send us the exact dates of availability.
To know more and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org