Apply for post of Education Officer, WWF — Hyderabad, deadline: Sep 6, 2015
August 21, 2015
September 6, 2015
WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature and environment, to work as the Education Officer for implementing their Environment Education programmes in the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana regions. WWF’s environmental education programmes are aimed at raising public awareness on conservation issues, building green capacity in educational institutions with teachers, youth and school children, so as to generate a cadre of conservation-conscious and motivated citizens who may play a role in promoting environmentally sustainable life-styles.
The Job Profile:
- Design, conceptualize and implement education projects for the entire states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Organizes teachers’ training workshops, nature club activities, and seminars.
- Prepare training modules and generate locale specific resource materials in the regional language
- Engage with corporate organisations for in-house training programmes on environmental issues.
- Undertake fund raising for educational programmes from corporates, relevant State Government departments and other like-minded organizations.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Post-Graduation in Ecology / Environment Education / Wildlife Biology / Life Sciences. Professional training/experience in Education shall be an advantage.
- 1-2 years of post qualification experience.
- Excellent oratory and report writing skills, with fluency in Telugu, English and Hindi.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the region.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and interest to communicate with school children.
- Strong interest and understanding of nature and wildlife conservation issues in India and the region.
- A forward looking aptitude, resourcefulness and initiative.
- Hyderabad, with extensive travelling within Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Apply via email to:
- Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Last Date for sending applications:
- 06th September, 2015
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Education Officer – Hyderabad”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.