Training Workshop for budding Conservationists — May 1-4 2015, Amravati, Maharashtra
May 1, 2015
May 4, 2015
9:00AM to 5:00PM
Satpuda Foundation (SF) is a leading grass-root-level NGO in Central India, working for conservation and management of wildlife and tribal development. SF has successfully fought many conservation battles in past 14 years. The organization is known for its innovative work in conservation education, social studies, community based Conservation and consultations. SF is also investing in building conservation leaders in Asia and has been regularly arranging training and capacity building programmes. To build the conservation leaders, SF has planed a workshop for budding “Conservation Practitioners” to make them fight the conservation battles effectively by using research based conservation tools. T
he four-day workshop will be held in Melghat from May 1-4, 2015. The participants would be trained in the subjects like and Conservation Education, Wildlife conservation & Management, Natural resource Management, Community development, Social and wildlife studies, conservation strategies, Media for Conservation and Environmental Law. Leading wildlife conservation practitioner Kishor Rithe, Green Teacher Award winner Nishikant Kale & Prakash Laddha, Zoology expert Dr.G.N.Vankhede, Green Lawyer and many wildlife officers will help in shaping these conservationists during the workshop. Ms.Jyoti Sorout, Education Officer of SF would be co-ordinating this course.
Well designed practical modules associated with theory sessions would be an important component of this workshop.
Venue: Scenic and green, “Muthawa”, a Community Resource Centre of Nature Conservation Society, Amravati situated near Melghat Tiger Reserve.
Duration: May 1-4, 2015. Charges: Rs.4200/- including accommodation, food, travel during the field modules and reading material. Traveling expenses of Participants to and from Melghat are not included.
Admission Procedure: Participants are expected to be Graduate or Post graduate in any discipline. 25-30 seats only. Send the entry form along with your detailed CV. If selected, you will be asked to do money transfer.
Deadline: Last date of reaching entry form (preferably by email) is 20th April 2015.
- Mr. Kishor Rithe, P.G.Diploma in International Conservation Practices from University of Oxford. Certificate course in Conservation Biology and Wildlife Management from Smithsonian Institute, Washington D.C.USA at Uganda, Certificate Course in Applied Environment Education by Smithsonian Institution in Thailand.25 years of experience in wildlife conservation.
- Dr.G.N.Vankhade, Retd. Head of Department, P.G. Department of Zoology, S.G.B.Amravati University, Amravati, Spider expert, Guided many field oriented research and doctoral projects.
- Prof. Dr. Nishikant Kale, B.E,M.E in Mechanical Engineering,Ph.D. Energy Expert. Trained in Environment Education. Also trained in Climate Change under Mr.Al Gore. 20 years experience in guiding EE projects. Sanctuary-ABN AMRO Green Teacher Award Winner
- Prof.Prakash Laddha, Sanctuary-ABN AMRO Green Teacher Award Winner. Trained in Applied EE and 20 years of experience.
- Ms.Jyoti Sorout (Education Officer, Satpuda Foundation) 09871533169
- Mr.Kunal Potode (Executive Officer, Naature Conservation Society, Amravati) 09890262677
Address for Correspondence: Satpuda Foundation, Sapphire Apt., 201, Plot No. 17, Bharat Nagar, Puranik Layout, Amravati Road, Nagpur. Tel.: 0712-2557320 | Email: email@example.com | Website: www.satpuda.org