Neralu Photo Project — Feb 7, 8 & 14, 2015, Bangalore
February 7, 2015
January 14, 2015
Multiple venues -- Doddamavalli Katte, NGMA and Bal Bhavan (Cubbon Park)
This year, for Neralu 2015, we invite entries from all of you. The photographs will finally be displayed at the various venues of Neralu Tree Festival, 2015. Please send in your photographs to email@example.com. Submissions should reach us by 25 January 2015; late submissions will not be accepted. All entries will go through a selection process and only a selected number of prints will be displayed at the venues.
- Textures & Patterns in Nature – There are myriad textures, patterns and colors in nature. Observe them, capture them and send us your interpretation.
- Neralu – Neralu means shadow in Kannada. So, show us how best you perceive shade, connected to trees. Photograph the beautiful play of shadows and Neralu moments.
- Trees in Public Places – Trees are everywhere – on our streets, in our yards, in the middle of the market, inside a bus stop, in our parks… This is your opportunity to capture them as you see them around you.
Submission of Entries:
- Photographs of not more than 5 MB in size must be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries should be in JPEG format and at least 3000 pixels wide for a horizontal image or 3000 pixels tall for a vertical image.
- Each participant can submit up to three entries in each theme.
- Final date of submission – 25 January 2015.
- All photographs have to be shot in cameras with a minimum of 8 megapixels.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photos will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping will be allowed.
- Every photograph should be accompanied by –
- 150-word description / concept note
- Photographer name
- Contact number
- Email ID
- Mandatory naming convention for email and photographs
- Email subject line –> PhotoProject_ThemeName
- Photograph name –> PhotographerName_ThemeName
- Photographs should NOT contain any borders or copyright signs and names. We will add credits during the printing process.
- The copyrights to the photograph will remain with the photographer.
- Entries must be the original work and the participant must be the copyright owner.
- Neralu is a non-commercial event. Images received for the photography competition will not be used for any commercial purposes.