Elephant Electrocuted in Garo Hills, Meghalaya

superadmin News Leave a Comment

A female elephant was electrocuted inside Jadi elephant reserve in South Garo Hills on Monday, according to a delayed report. The incident took place when one of the elephants in a herd while passing through a jhum cultivation came in contact with an electric line resulting in the death, Kamal Medhi of Samrakshan Trust, an environment protection group, said. A similar incident of elephant electrocution took place in the adjoining area of Jadi in December last year.

Range Forest Officer … Read More